PLACE OF COMADREJAS and it is thought that it was founded by the "Toltecas"
emigrant group which arrived at "Tierra
Caliente" after the fire of Tula, according
to the Jucutacato Codex.
In this codex Cutzamala is called by its old name of " Apashingan " that
is mentioned in the famous "Relaciones de la Diócesis de
Michoacán", in the "Xochitlán or Ajuchitlán" part, of the
year 1579. With that name of Apashingan,
according to the tarasca´s language , must be Apazingani or Apazingán as
it states the "Relación of Michoacán" of 1538 -1541 and the
title "Anales de Michoacán" of Dr Nicolas Leon in 1904.